The entire O'Hare International Airport complex resides on over 7,200 acres and is located within the City of Chicago. The airport straddles Cook and DuPage counties.
As of April 2016, there are 189 gates at O'Hare. The two hub carriers lease the majority of these gates:
- American Airlines: 68 gates
- United Airlines: 79 gates
- Concourse B: 22
- Concourse C: 28
- Concourse E: 17
- Concourse F: 26
- Concourse G: 25
- Concourse H: 16
- Concourse K: 17
- Concourse L: 17
As of January 2017, the concessions count at O'Hare was:
- 124 Food & Beverage locations
- 91 News & Gifts, Specialty Retail, Duty Free & Services locations
Total concessions equals 172,265 square feet within the airport.
Details on concessions can be found on the Shopping and Food and Beverages pages.
There are currently eight active runways at O'Hare.
The table below provides a few facts about the existing runways:
||1957 (originally named 14R/32L / shortened 3,315 feet under OMP)|
||1968 (extended 3,000 feet under OMP)|
Total number of parking spaces at O'Hare: 22,837
To learn more about parking at O'Hare, click here.
Automated Transit System
The Automated Transit System (ATS) provides free transit between all terminals and the remote parking lots.
- 2.7 miles of elevated tracks
- Capacity to move 2,400 passengers per hour
- Connects Remote Parking, International Terminal 5 and the domestic terminals