The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) administers all aspects of Chicago's two major airports: O'Hare and Midway International Airports. In addition to managing world class airports in Chicago, the CDA is one of the regional leaders in business, employment and sustainability. The CDA has made a commitment to the Chicago area community to be a steward to residents, visitors and the environment.
The CDA's central purpose is to:
- Ensure safe and efficient travel through O'Hare and Midway International Airports
- Successfully implement the O'Hare Modernization Program (OMP)
- Enhance economic activity and job creation of O'Hare and Midway International Airports
- Manage airport tenant and concessions license agreements; ground transportation facilities; financial administration; research, planning and development activities
- Integrate airport-specific, sustainable planning and practices in design, construction, operations, maintenance and daily airport functions
The CDA is self-supporting, using no local or state tax dollars for operations or capital improvements at O'Hare and Midway. Together, Chicago's airports generate more than $45 billion in annual economic activity and create 540,000 jobs for the region.
Click here to find current contracting opportunities at the airports and here to find information about employers at the airports.
Airport Competition Plans
Midway International Airport
O'Hare International Airport (coming soon)
The CDA Annual Report provides a comprehensive overview of the CDA as well as the recent activities and accomplishments at O’Hare and Midway International Airports. The report also provides a snapshot of some of the most exciting new initiatives planned for Chicago’s airports.
The Chicago Department of Aviation has received many awards over the years. You can view the list of awards here.
Emergency Contingency Plans
The CDA has planned emergency contingency plans in for O'Hare and Midway International Airport pursuant to §42301 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. Both plans can be found below.