Our objective is to assist the media by providing information about the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) and the operations of O'Hare and Midway International Airports without compromising the safety, security, or efficiency of the airports' operations.
The CDA Media Relations office assists news organizations by providing information about the CDA and Chicago's airports. All inquiries and requests for interviews about airport issues should be directed to the CDA Media Relations office. Any interviews or stories concerning a specific airline should be directed to that airline.
The CDA Media Relations office number is (773) 686-3700. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Reporters/news desks needing immediate assistance outside of regular office hours should contact the CDA Media Relations office number/pager (773) 686-3700, and follow the prompts to leave a message and contact number. The message is immediately forwarded to an on-call media representative, who will respond to emergency inquiries and situations.
To receive a news release or to be contacted regarding newsworthy items, please contact the CDA Media Relations office at (773) 686-3700.
Chicago Department of Aviation's Commercial Filming and Photography Policy
Media Affairs Telephone Numbers
- Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA): (773) 686-3700
- Chicago Police Department (CPD): (312) 745-6110
- Chicago Fire Department (CFD): (312)745-4213
- Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC): (312) 746-9454
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): (847) 294-7427
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): (312) 829-1199
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB): (202) 314-6100
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA): (773) 377-1230
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP): (312)983-9145
- Center for Disease Control (CDC): (773)894-2960
- Cook County Medical Examiner: (312)666-0500