Attention pilots and all other O’Hare airfield users:
On October 15, 2015, the O’Hare Modernization Program will reach a major milestone with the completion of south airfield construction and opening of new Runway 10R-28L. A new South Tower will also be commissioned that will control Runway 10R-28L.
The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) has developed "pilot awareness" posters that detail the upcoming airfield changes associated with the opening of Runway 10R-28L.
Click the links below to view/download each flier/poster:
Poster #1 - How Runway 10R-28L will be used, as well as new radio frequencies and final approach fixes.
Poster #2 - New O’Hare runway configurations.
Poster #3 - PRM procedures for aircraft arriving on both Runways 10C and 10R.
Poster #4 - New taxiway operations associated with Runway 10R-28L.
South Airfield East Flow Taxi Routes. (Click image below to view/download)
The CDA needs your help in spreading the word among all key stakeholders about O’Hare’s new runway, taxiway system and air traffic control tower.
How You Can Help
October 15 is approaching fast. Here are some things you can do to help us spread the word:
• Post the flier on bulletin boards and in break rooms
• Attach the flier to paychecks and staff memorandums
• Blast-fax and mass e-mail the flier to your members and user groups
• Post information on your respective websites and intranet
• Link to this web page or e-mail the web address to a friend, colleague or co-worker
The success of this campaign depends upon all of O’Hare’s users - from pilots to mechanics to motor truck drivers and many more. We appreciate your assistance in helping us spread the word about the opening of new Runway 10R-28L.
Please bookmark this web page and check back frequently to view/download updated maps and information.
A full listing of recent airfield changes at O’Hare is provided at the bottom of this page.
Recent Airfield Changes
Click on the links below to view details of recent airfield changes:
- August 20, 2015 - Airfield changes
- April 30, 2015 - Airfield changes
- July 23, 2014 - Airfield changes
- December 12, 2013 – Taxiway Re-naming
- October 17, 2013 - Runway 10C-28C opens
- August 22, 2013 - Taxi Re-naming
- June 27, 2013 Taxiway Re-naming
- May 2, 2013 Taxiway Re-naming
- March 7, 2013 Taxiway Re-naming
- January 10, 2013 Taxiway Re-naming
- October 20, 2011 Northeast Cargo/GA Ramp - New Taxiway and Ramp Configuration [PDF]
- June 30, 2011 New Hot Spot and Temporary Cargo and GA Ramp [PDF]
- May 6, 2010 Runway 14R-32L Shortened [PDF]
- November 20, 2008 Runway 9L-27R Opens [PDF]
- September 5, 2008 Runway 10-28 Extension [PDF]
- June 5, 2008 Taxiway C to A1 [PDF]
- August 30, 2007 Runway 9-27 Switch [PDF]
- July 5, 2007 North-South Runway Split [PDF]