A variety of restaurants, bars, and other concessionaires and shops are strategically reopening to serve travelers at O'Hare and Midway Airports. Find more information below on how concessions are working to keep you safe.
Some concessionaires temporarily closed or are operating under limited hours, for a list of open shops, please visit the following pages:
- We have worked with our concessionaires to support social distancing throughout our airports by removing some tables and seats, added 6ft distancing floor decals near registers, installed plexiglass guards at registers, and installed additional distancing signage to increase spacing and reduce density crowding.
- Enhanced restaurant and retailer payment options utilizing apps where possible. Concessionaires continue to work on implementing touchless payment where possible.
- Designated single entrance and exit lines for multiple entrance or larger concession areas to control and improve flow of passengers.
- The following measures have been strongly encouraged for all airport restaurants, in accordance with CDPH and BACP guidance:
- Removal of shared condiments or utensil items from common areas. Available upon request.
All publicly accessible soda fountains or water spigots moved behind the counter, and refills into the same cup prohibited.
Product displays adjusted and minimized where possible to decrease customer contact.
One-time use disposable menus (or visual displays) implemented rather than reused menus at sit-down restaurants.