View the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on domestic / international travel.
While masks are no longer required, the CDC currently recommends that all travelers wear a well-fitting face mask covering both their nose and mouth while at an indoor transportation facility, including airports and train stations. All travelers at O'Hare and Midway are encouraged to consider following this guidance, and to be respectful of fellow travelers and employees who choose to do so.
Public health experts also recommend practicing good hygiene and taking proactive preventive measures to avoid contracting or spreading COVID-19. These include:
- Please wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place. Bathrooms are located throughout the terminals for your convenience and safety. In addition, 30% more hand sanitizer dispensers have been added throughout the terminals for when hand washing is not an option.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, mouth, etc., especially with unwashed hands.
- To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue immediately in a trash receptacle.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay at home when you are sick.
Travelers should refer to the CDC regarding the advisability of travel. Older people and people with severe chronic conditions should take special precautions because they are at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
Information related to the COVID-19 outbreak is updated frequently; check the following resources for the most up-to-date information: