The Airport Transit System (ATS) operates 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily.
Shuttle buses continue to provide 24/7 service.
The ATS is a convenient, fast and reliable automated “people mover" at O'Hare International Airport.
The reopened ATS includes major upgrades, including
- a larger fleet of train cars that doubles the overall passenger capacity
- the track extension and additional station at the Multi-Modal Facility to connect with the rental car agencies and the economy parking
- an upgraded automatic train control system
The fully-automated train system transports passengers to and from Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 5, as well as the Multi-Modal Facility (MMF) for rental cars, Economy Parking Lot F, Kiss 'n' Fly, Pace buses and Metra.
Initial ATS service will operate, 10:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. daily. Over the coming weeks, we expect to expand the days/times of operation with the goal of returning to full-time operations in early 2022.
To aid in the transition, shuttle bus service will continue to provide 24/7 service as an additional option for passengers to get to/from the Multi-Modal Rental Car Facility and all O'Hare departure terminals in a safe and reliable manner.
By the numbers:
- 50 mph = top speed of the train system
- 10 minutes = time it takes to travel from one end (T1) to the other (MMF)
- 5 stations = stations served at T1, T2, T3, T5 and the new one at the MMF
- 3 miles = length of track, which is a dual-lane guideway
- 36 cars = size of the new train fleet, replacing the previous 15
- 147 passengers = capacity of each three-car train vehicle
The ATS has gone through extensive and rigorous testing to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations for our passengers and employees.
Passenger Services / Special Numbers