Travelers Aid Chicago is a social service agency located at O'Hare. It provides guidance, support and advocacy services for passengers during travel. The professional staff in both the booths and the main office can assist with crisis intervention information as well as social services for travelers and visitors.
In addition to providing general airport information, Travelers Aid also offers Protective Travel Services to a wide variety of passengers including refugees, runaways, repatriation recipients, survivors of human trafficking and more. This may include
- Travel planning/customized resource referrals available via telephone or email, before day of travel.
- Social stories to help prepare first time and infrequent flyers for their day of travel
- In-transit consultation services for passengers with cognitive or developmental disabilities, mental health needs, physical disabilities, illness, anxiety, trauma and more
- Pre-planned one-on-one guidance through the airport
Travelers Aid staff and volunteers also assist with crisis intervention including, but not limited to:
- Displaced passengers
- Lost passports and/or identification
- Passengers under excessive stress including but not limited to emotional breakdowns, travel interruptions, bereavements, trauma, etc.
- Emergency provisions such as clothing, infant formula, diapers, etc.
Main Office Location: Travelers Aid is located in Terminal 2, in Concourse F, next to the Changing Places Facility and across from the Family Lounge
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 9:00pm | Saturday-Sunday 10am - 9:00pm
Info Desk Location: Terminal 1 | Gate B8, Terminal 1 | Gate C18, Terminal 2 | Gate F4, Terminal 3 | Gate K2, Terminal 5 | M15, Upper Level Lobby, and Terminal 5 | Lower Level Lobby.
Info Desk Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm / Saturday-Sunday 10am-7:00pm
For further information, contact Travelers Aid Chicago at (773) 894-2427 or by email at