Located in Terminal 2 just beyond security, the Family Lounge at O’Hare Airport offers a designated space for kids to play. There’s colorful seating along with device charging stations and, for those traveling with an infant, there’s stroller parking, too. There is live entertainment at various times throughout the year, especially during the holiday season, featuring musicians, caricature artists and more.
Terminal 2: Main Hall (near Gate F1)
Our Mother's Rooms were created specifically for nursing parents. The rooms offers a tranquil space for mothers who are breastfeeding their children and would prefer to do so in a private setting. They feature comfortable seating along with a sink and wash area.
Terminal 1: Concourse B | Gate B10
Terminal 2: Concourse F | Crossover Between Gates E5 and F9
Terminal 3: Rotunda, next to the Yoga Room
Terminal 3: Concourse L | Gate L6
Terminal 5: Concourse M | Gate M8
Terminal 5: Concourse M | Gate M20
Terminal 5: Concourse M | Gate M32
Terminal 5: Concourse M | Gate M37
Multi-Modal Facility: 2 Locations on Level 1 - North and South Side
Lactation pods provide a safe, private space for mothers to nurse or pump while on the go. The pods at O'Hare were developed by
Mamava, a nationwide developer of lactation suites for offices and transportation hubs.
Terminal 1: Concourse B | Gate B7
Terminal 1: Concourse C | Gate C11
Terminal 1: Concourse C | Gate C23
Terminal 2: Concourse E | Gate E1
Terminal 2: Concourse F | Gate F1 near Family Lounge
Terminal 3: Concourse G | Gate G12
Terminal 3: Concourse K | Gate K1
- Terminal 3: Concourse K | Gate K5
Terminal 3: Concourse K | Gate K19
Terminal 3: Concourse L | Gate L24
Oops Diapers 2Go vending machines carry diapers, pacifiers, formula, bottles, wipes, snacks, activity kits, and toys.
Click here to search for locations (Type in keyword: diaper)
Hudson News & Gifts stores offer travel necessities. Diaper sizes and availability vary.
Click here to search for locations (Type in keyword: Hudson)
All Gender Toilets
Changing stations for young children are located in most restrooms throughout the terminals. All Gender Toilets are also available in each terminal. For assistance, please ask our Information Desk volunteers.
Terminal 1 - B4 (2), B10 (2), C16, C20(2), Baggage Claim (2)
Terminal 2 - Across from the ORD Family Lounge (1), Crossover Between Gates E5 and F9, Baggage Claim
Terminal 3 - G11, Rotunda/H1, H3, H5, H12 (2), K1 (2), K8, L7, L21, L24 (2), Baggage Claim (2)
Terminal 5 - Near Security Checkpoint, Food Court Area
Multi-Modal Facility - Lower Level (2), Level 1-3 (1 each) north and south end
Child-friendly restaurants are easy to find at O'Hare. Most restaurants provide high chairs and children's menus. Watch the airplanes from cafés and restaurants that offer a fantastic window of the airfield. Take a look below to see which restaurants at O'Hare offer these great views and which have kids’ meals:
Restaurants where you can see airplanes landing and taking off:
- Berghoff Cafe: Terminal 1 | Gate C26
- Food Court seating area: Terminal 1 | Gate C26
- Chili's Too: Terminal 3 | Gate G10
Restaurants where you can see airplanes on the ground:
- Tuscany Restaurant: Terminal 1 | Gate B18
- Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi: Terminal 2 Main Hall
- Starbuck's: Terminal 2 Main Hall, Terminal 3 | Gate H1
- Chicago Cubs Bar & Grill: Terminal 3 Rotunda
- Macaroni Grill: Terminal 3 | Gate K2
Restaurants with kids’ meals:
From healthy snack boxes with turkey wraps (CIBO Express Gourmet Market, Gate H1) to cheese quesadillas (Burrito Beach, Gate K4) to the always popular McDonald’s Happy Meal, check out the latest
kids meal menus online.
Complimentary Airport Activity Book
Ask a volunteer at an
Information Desk for a FREE Chicago Airports Activity & Coloring Book (while supplies last). Draw, coloring and learn fun facts about O’Hare and Midway. You can also download a digital copy for your mobile phone or tablet at
Art Scavenger Hunt
Explore art throughout the airport while you wait for your flight. See the complete list of
O’Hare artworks and search out these family favorites below:
- The Field Museum brachiosaurus dinosaur – At four stories high, you can’t miss this skeleton model in Terminal 1 (Concourse B)
- Butch O’Hare F4F-3 fighter plane – Check out the replica of the World War II F4F-3 Wildcat and learn about airport namesake and Medal of Honor recipient Lt. Commander Edward "Butch" O'Hare in Terminal 2 (Gate E1)
- Hall of Flags – See flags lining Concourses H & K in Terminal 3, each representing a country that American Airlines serves non-stop from O'Hare
- The Sky’s the Limit – The underground walkway between Concourses B and C in Terminal 1 is home to a 744-foot-long kinetic neon sculpture of light and sound
Tips For Getting Through Security with Children
A series of
tips and videos to make the security screening process easier on parents and children has been developed by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Take a look at their webpage to take advantage of these tips for a smooth walk through security at O'Hare.