There are four terminals at O'Hare International Airport that you can connect through:
- Terminal 1
- Terminal 2
- Terminal 3
- Terminal 5
airlines page to reference which airlines operate out of each terminal.
Terminals 1-3, are connected and easily accessible from each other. If you…
- Arrive on a domestic flight and have a connecting domestic flight, or
- Arrive on a domestic flight and must connect to an international flight
- Access Terminals 1-3 upon arrival without having to clear the security checkpoints. If you have a connecting domestic flight via two different carriers, please contact your airlines.
- Travel between the terminals with the Airport Transit System, or
- Board the Terminal Transfer Bus (boarding pass required) between Terminals 1, 3 and 5 in the locations shown:
Terminal 1 Pick-Up Locations
Terminal 3 Pick-Up Locations
Terminal 5 Pick-Up Location
If you arrive on an international flight (excluding those who have arrived from a preclearance airport), you must clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) checkpoints and claim all checked luggage before being allowed to enter the United States, including travelers with connecting flights.
If you have a connecting flight, you will have the opportunity to recheck your luggage before entering security again.
If your connecting flight is in Terminals 1, 2 or 3, you can take the free, 24-hour
Airport Transit System (ATS).
All connecting passengers must go through Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security screening.
International Traveler page for more information.